Monday, February 9, 2009

The Pain Hit Yesterday





Yesterday was not a good day for a run. Lets see there was a big beautiful Sun in the sky, the weather was perfect, and I felt like a million dollars. All this ended up not helping at all. :(

I started off way to fast was on pace to run under a 10 minute mile. To some this sounds slow to me this is fast....
All the sudden my knee starts hurting. DH thinks it is my Iliotibial band. Which I can believe because it hurts bad right there. There are lots of reasons for the pain: Not stretching daily ( I surly do not do this) weak core (after attempting a core workout I learned quickly I have very little stomach muscles) and maybe I need new shoes?

So I did not even make it 1 mile. Ahh. I was really down on myself. I was like I have done training for how many weeks now and I can't finish my slow run? I think part of it is mental because next week I am suppose to do 8 miles which scares me, and part of it is the pain.

So what to do about it? I am going to try to do abs and stretching every day.

Just tried to finish a 10 minute Ab Blast. Needless to say I didn't finish it but I felt the burn.
I must get a better core so I can continue to run and so I can have sexy beach abs.

I am going to redo last weeks training schedule. Without a clock. I think I am trying to run to fast and my form sucks. Here is to trying again and hoping I do not have a bad Iliotibial band.

No comments: